Monday 24 September 2012

Some Jock talked about Freedom!

HMS York has now handed back the Freedom of the City of York.  The parade went off without a hitch and my boss only cocked up a little bit.

The Junior Ratings looked presentable and marched fairly well.  The Senior Rates however were a shambles.  They let the side down, thinking it would all be easy.

In the lead up to it all the Gunnery Officer was really getting on my tits.  He is one of those Naval Officers who just has to say something, even when he doesn't know what he is talking about!  Such a simple parade, if only he could just do as he is told.  The kind of bloke who makes things more difficult by his actions.  Non stop panic but now he has gone and I am glad to be rid of him.  It has been increasingly difficult to hide my disdain for him as the year has gone on.  It just goes to show, a posh school and university can't stop a bloke being an imbecile.  Quite a few times I had to point out to him that I didn't join up as an admiral and work my way down!  I don't expect my annual report to be glowing!




No comments:

Post a Comment