Tuesday 27 December 2011

A Run Ashore

I was thinking the other day about how much time I have left to serve and the runs ashore in the last 20 years.  There are still a lot of places I haven't been.  I have never been bothered that I haven't had a Far East deployment, but to have never had a deployment around the Caribbean is disappointing.  Still, I have a few years left, so hopefully I'll get a couple more deployments yet.  Since 2005 my only major deployments have been to the South Atlantic and the Falkland Islands.  It's my own fault for serving on T42 Destroyers.  So I decide to take my next sea draft on another class of ship, a T23 Frigate, in the hope of deploying somewhere else. Well, I will deploy but to the Falklands again!
Places visited with the RN that I remember off the top of my head;
Gibraltar - countless occasions
Malta - 2
Sicily - Catania 3
Sardinia - 1
Italy - (Ancona, Brindisi, Naples, Trieste, Venice 6
Germany - Hamburg 1
France - Cherbourg, Brest 4
Netherlands - Amsterdam 1
Eire - Cork 1
Iraq - Deployed on operations
Kuwait - Deployed on operations
Dubai - 3
Muscat - 1
Doha - 1
Greek mainland - Piraeus, Patras, Athens, Thessaloniki 5
Crete - 5
Corfu - 4
Cyprus - 4
USA - New York, Miami, Baltimore 3
Falkland Islands - 5
South Georgia - 5
Madeira
Uruguay - Montevideo 4
Brazil - Rio, Recife, Santos 7
Argentina - 1
Chile - Punta Arenas, Valparaiso 3
Latvia - 1
Estonia - 1
Sierra Leone - 1
Ghana - 1
Balearics - 2
Canary Islands - 1
Russia - St Petersburg - 1
Egypt - Alexandria, Cairo, El Alamein - 1
Israel - Haifa 1


Join the Navy and see the world!



No comments:

Post a Comment