Wednesday 28 December 2011

Time to move on?

So many in my position in the RN are approaching their termination date to leave the Service.  Quite a few others have submitted notice to leave before their termination date, which speaks volumes.  Should I stay or should I go?  Three more years and it is my time to leave.  There seem to be plenty of opportunities to work offshore in maritime security, maybe that is the direction I should be heading in.  I am close to my pension so I'll stay until 2015, unless I win the lottery!  The pension scheme will be changed in 2015, obviously not for the better, so that might be a good time to leave anyway.  
The Royal Australian Navy and Royal New Zealand Navy are most likely going to be taking an interest in who has taken or been made redundant from the RN.  There are a lot of disgruntled blokes with good skills at the moment.  

No comments:

Post a Comment