Monday 30 January 2012

Do I need my uniform on board Chief?

Today a senior officer came on board and I wanted to provide a ceremonial sentry at the bottom of the gangway.  So, I detailed an Able Seaman for the duty and he then informed me that he didn't have his best dress uniform on board.  "It is being cleaned Chief".  Okay, fair enough I thought, they have to be cleaned sometime.  At least he has thought about it, most matelots are absolute scran bags with appalling kit.  The next lad had taken it home because he had attended a funeral in uniform.  He didn't think to bring it back with him!  So, at Both Watches, the sailors will be mustering and proving their Number 1 uniforms.  I expect to be handing out kit musters!

1 comment:

  1. Good lad I will check your kit on 17th oppo

    ReplyDelete