Thursday 5 January 2012

A new man at the helm

So, I went on to the Island last night for the first GI's meeting of 2012.  A new President of the Association has now taken over.  The outgoing President has put a lot of time and effort in during his 4 years and has really made a difference.
The turn out on a stormy evening was okay, and the usual stalwarts of the Association, mostly older members turned out.  It would be good for the future of the GI's if we could encourage more serving matelots to join.  I sat last night listening to the usual suspects droning on, with Harry the Dog barking occasionally!  I am alongside for a few months now so I'll be able to get along for a couple of meetings.  I will just have to make sure I'm not sat next to Harry!
http://www.rngia.com

No comments:

Post a Comment