Wednesday 11 January 2012

Scrimshankers

My two youngsters who decided that they didn't want to sail in December have been at it again!  Whilst they were landed because we were at sea, I have positive control of them when the ship is alongside in base port.  So, they are fit to work on board alongside, they just can't go to sea and do the job they are drawing the pay for!
Today they tried to get the Medical Officer to sign off on an employment form which would mean they wouldn't turn to on board.  The brains behind the scheme then tried the same on me.  They were unsuccessful, I can tell you!
The paperwork to release them from the Royal Navy has now been started, and hopefully they will be in civvy street within a month.  If it was up to me they would have been kicked out before Christmas.  I would have taken great delight knowing they were unemployed at Christmas time!  

No comments:

Post a Comment